Pleasant Interruption

Friday, June 24, 2005

Hiro The Prom Crashers - What a Great Night (for Belleville)
At 2:46 AM
by: Hiro

Apparently Nana has beaten me to the reporting of tonight's escapades. However he has graciously left out the details as to grant me the honour of telling the story.

It all began earlier this week. I sent out an e-mail to Nana, Tony, and two other hometown friends, Ryan and Jordan. I e-mailed them to let them know that I'd be in town for a couple of days because I had to take my G driver's license test on Friday (today) and I suggested that we should go out for some wings and hang out while I was in town. I shortly thereafter learned that NCC (our old high school) was having their prom on the Thursday night. Tony also knew of this and had suggested we go crash the after-party in order to reinforce the point that we are "bad-ass".

Fast forward to Thursday evening. The 5 of us went to Kelsey's to go enjoy some cheaper wings. I say cheaper because at $0.49 each, they can't exactly qualify as cheap wings, however they are indeed cheaper than their usual wings. Over the course of the 2 hours or so that we spent at Kelsey's, Tony became quite drunk. We then left to go enjoy our night out in Belleville. Now as you may or may not have heard from the rantings that have taken place here at Pleasant Interruption, there isn't much to do in Belleville. Surprisingly, driving around aimlessly with a bunch of good friends while listening to loud music is a lot of fun. Throw in some yelling at random people, an abundance of honking, driving on surfaces that cars shouldn't be driving on, and a little bit of drift-style driving and you've got yourselves a rather high fun factor.

As we drove around all over town, we worked desperately against the clock to find out where the prom was being held. We first tried the placed called "The Banquet Centre" or something stupid, which is where our prom was held a generous 2 years ago. We drove around their parking lot yelling at the kids a couple of times and then drove away, thinking we had found the prom. We later returned to ask them where the after-party would be but then we found out that it was the prom for some other school. Disappointed, we drove all across town to various other locations that we thought may be holding the NCC prom. We finally got a hold of a younger friend who had gone to the prom, and through him we found out where the after-party was being held.

By the time we had arrived at the house, most of the grads were already there and the DJ had arrived at the same time as us. I must say, it was a pretty solid prom after-party. Granted, it was nothing compared to any university kegger but as far as high school goes, I was impressed. They had a huge bonfire going, a couple of porta-potties, a shitload of tents, and DJ'd music! It was kinda weird being at a party with a bunch of kids that were 3 years younger but it was nice to see a lot of familiar faces too because when I was in high school I had talked to all these kids when they first started high school.

What was destined to be a mediocre night took a turn for the better. A friend of mine Andrew graciously (or drunkenly) gave me a beer. Around the same time I saw Tony had somehow acquired a beer as well. Shortly afterward I went into the house and saw one of the girls (also a friend of mine) who lived at the house. I was like "Uhh do you have any beer I can have?" and she's like yeah hang on...goes to the fridge, then returns with a beer. I then asked "Whose is this? And can I have more?" She told me that it was her mom's and that she didn't want it anymore. I'm not sure if she was telling the truth or not, but I really didn't care. 30 seconds later I was walking out of the house with a free 6-pack of beer.

I'm a nice guy so I shared my spoils with Jordan and Tony and we continued to enjoy the night. Not too long afterward, Nana came to me saying "Hiro! Are those full bottles of beer over there?" I glanced over at the side of the house and like an oasis in a desert there laid half a 6-pack of beer. We cautiously walked over to the bounty and confirmed that they were indeed 3 full bottles of beer. After ensuring that nobody was looking we quickly snatched the prize. Silly kids, who leaves their beer lying around out in the open? As we were walking back toward the bonfire, eagle-eyes Nana identified another stash. A box of beer lying in the shadow of a shed. Upon examining, we were greeted with 4 more unopened bottles of beer.

In summary, we ended up leaving the party having consumed over 15 free beers.

Good times.

Good times, indeed.

1 Comments:

  • Very Nice Hiro! Very Nice! sounds like you have a tone of fun!! How did u do on your driving test?? lol anyways talk to you at tourny's! *Victoria*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/26/2005 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home