Pleasant Interruption

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Hiro The Condensed Update
At 11:49 PM
by: Hiro

Ok, prepare yourself for a very fast-paced post.

The reason is as follows: I have been wanting to get back into the blogging rhythm for a while now. However my problem is that I have a huge backlog of important events in my life that I need to report, yet to talk about them in full would most likely require entire posts dedicated to each topic. As such, I am in this endless cycle of wanting to write about what's happening in my life yet I don't want to talk about it until I'm caught up on things to talk about. And faced with such a huge list of things to talk about, I don't get around to doing it.

Tonight I went out for wings with Nana, Tony and two other friends, Ryan and Jordan. The subject of blogging came up and after a short discussion with Nana, we concluded it is best that I simply state the important events, with some quick description, that occurred in my life so that I can resume regular blogging.
  1. On May 24th I was supposed to get my G license. I went in and filled out a form asking how many times I had driven on the 401 and other highways in the last 3 months. I answered with approximately 3-4 times. As a result the examiner wouldn't let me do the test because she said I was "too inexperienced" and a "safety risk". I believe it was due to the fact that she was a bitch. I was further insulted when the clerk inside told me that I should "go practice" my driving skills by driving aimlessly on highways.
  2. I went to Halifax for the last week of May for my sister's graduation. It was on May 26, the day of my birthday. It was incidentally the most boring birthday of my life. However later that night I tagged along to a grad party thing or whatever at some bar and ate a shitload of food for free. I also went out and got drunk for the 3 following nights so it wasn't a total waste of a week.
  3. On the following Friday I had a joint birthday party for myself and my roommate Dave and it was quite possibly one of the messiest nights of my life. I remember making it to the bar, stepping out of the car while repeating to myself "act sober act sober act sober act sober" and the bouncer actually let me in. About 5 feet past the bouncer I saw my roommate Mike and remember yelling "MIIIIKE I MADE IT IN!!!" The next thing I remember was following my other roommate Tony and his girlfriend Mel out of the bar. This was not because I had gotten kicked out, but because I had spent an hour or so in the bar that I absolutely have no recollection of, and then left. I then woke up the next day with 3 "Pesticide in Use" signs and a giant wooden "Churchill Townhouses" sign beside my bed. I also learned that having a camera is very important in recording events because when I looked through the pictures the next day, approximately 50 out of the 110 pictures showed events that I did not remember and for all intents and purposes never took place, had it not been for the camera.
  4. I am part of a group at school called the UW CREW. Think of what a high school student council does, but on the scale of a university. We planned, organized, marketed and ran a school-wide trip to Wonderland in under 2 weeks. About 4 of us spent about 15 hours/day in the office. My daily routine pretty much consisted of getting to campus at 9 am then going home after 1 am the next day. It was the busiest 2 weeks of my life but it was also the funnest 2 weeks of my life.
  5. Myself and my roommate Mariano are the main stage managers for the Canada Day celebrations in Waterloo. It's like the main festival for all of the Waterloo/Kitchener/Cambridge area and draws like 80,000 people. The headliners are Magneta Lane and Emm Gryner. There will also be an appearance by....Robert Munsch! Yes that's right, the man who wrote The Paper Bag Princess and dozens of other children's books. I'm pumped.
  6. Last Wednesday (June 15th) I officially withdrew from Computer Engineering. Because it's halfway through the term, I can't start any new courses so I'm no longer in school for the rest of the summer. In the fall I'll be switching into a Business and Economics program.
This concludes the condensed update of my summer life. Now hopefully I will continue making regular posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home