Pleasant Interruption

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Hiro So Long, Ottawa...
At 9:35 AM
by: Hiro

...and Kat, Amanda, Justin, Nana, Tony, Uzo, Tom, Arjun, Steph and Adrian. (and Dan and Jeff although we didn't really get a chance to hang out much), (aaaand everyone at Natural Resources Canada, even though I highly doubt any of you actually read this blog)

Today I'm saying goodbye to my beloved Ottawa and will embark on a looooong journey back to school - first stopping by good ol' Belleville then finally moving back into my house in Waterloo.

Before I continue I would like to bring to everyone's attention the fact that the Pleasant Interruption crew will now be fragmented completely, our physical manifestations strewn across the globe (or rather, within a 6 hour stretch between Waterloo, Belleville and Ottawa). Fortunately for our readers our quasi-superpowers are not affected by physical constraints and thus we can continue to combine forces to deliver to you pleasant interruptions.

I'm currently packing up all my belongings and cleaning out my room to get ready to move out so I don't have much time to write a lengthy and detailed post, so I'll be recounting the events of this weekend sometime later this week when I have time to actually sit down and take a breath.

As I sit here typing this I have a smile on my face as I look back at the last 4 months and finally have a chance to reflect on how great of a time I had here. The prospect of being reunited with all my boys from Belleville alone was an exciting thought but the moment I moved in I was embraced by 3 awesome roommates and I've felt right at home ever since.

Another chapter in my life has ended. A chapter I wish did not have to end, but just like any good novel, you can't just have 1 chapter (in fact, this could be generalized to apply to any novel, good or bad). That would indeed be silly. And so I reluctantly and excitedly turn the last page to embrace the next chapter. One that will be filled with much growing, fun and Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo's (for The House!). [This last bit is an inside joke with my family in Waterloo that will eventually get explained]

Thank you everyone for an awesome 4 months! I promise I won't forget even once I am the ruler of the world. You shall all be handsomely repaid.

So long, everyone...and may our paths cross again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home