Pleasant Interruption

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Hiro KFC + PBR = A Good Night
At 10:58 PM
by: Hiro


The prerequisites of a good night. Colonel Sanders proudly looks on.

I should have written this last night but I was preoccupied with laundry among other things. Side note: Laundry is awesome. Not so much the act of throwing clothes into a machine with the accompanying detergent but the joys of basking in clean clothes. Especially when they are a subset of the essential domain of socks and underwear.

Picking up from where I left off on my last post a couple of days ago, I proceeded to meet Tony and Nana at the Rideau Centre at the food court. While standing in line at KFC debating on what to order, it dawned on me, or rather, I saw the huge banner being proudly displayed declaring that today was "Toonie Tuesday." Like a hammering gavel resolutely declaring that a decision had been made, we knew what we had to do. 6 Toonie Tuesday meals. For those that are unaware or do not dare approach KFC with a 50 foot pole, a Toonie Tuesday meal is a harmonious union of a drumstick, a non-drumstick piece and succulent french fries. One could argue that 3 whole chickens had to die for our cause. Their deaths were not in vain. Total cost: $13 and some change.

Given that it was like 8:45 pm and all stores(including The Beer Store and LCBO) close at 9 pm, we were pressed for time. While I engaged the ordering of our KFC, Nana went off to the LCBO in the mall but shortly came back to report that they did not have our required Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Fortunately The Beer Store was just down the street so Nana set off to pick up the beer. We met back at headquarters AKA Nana and Tony's apartment. We wanted cans of PBR to maximize the enjoyment factor(not related to flavour) however The Beer Store only stocked bottles. Total cost for a 12-pack of PBR: $13 and some change.

After unloading everything on the table, the ground rules were laid out. 12 beers, 12 piece of chicken total = 4 per person. Consumed chicken and beer counts could not have a difference of greater than 1. We shortly proceeded to getting drunk off the PBR all the while indulging in the gluttonous love of KFC.

During this night I came to an astounding conclusion. Pabst Blue Ribbon is good shit. It's shit but it's good shit. Given that I'm no beer flavour connoisseur, I could find no discernable difference between PBR and another tolerable low-end beer like Canadian. In fact, from now on I think I'll be getting PBR instead of my usual Keiths given the cheap price.

In any case, for under 10 bucks a person it was most definitely a Good Night. Enjoyment factor was on maximum, hunger was satisfied, and good conversations were had.


Mission accomplished.

1 Comments:

  • Despite the fact that you cannot see all the beers on the table in the "after" shot, we did indeed finish them all. I'll be damned if someone calls me a lightweight (even if it's true).

    By Blogger Nana, at 4/29/2005 12:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home