Pleasant Interruption

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Nana Pleasantly Interrupted!
At 2:59 PM
by: Nana

Yesterday I went to my friend Phil Vicente's place for a BBQ. Mid exam breaks and BBQs in the spring. Awesome. We achieved dominion of fire and mastery over the lesser beings known as cows and pigs (we cooked alot of meat).

I like these sorts of partys because they aren't huge and out of control; you sit around with maybe 10 other people and get to talk to everyone, goof around, and have a good time. They're a great opportunity to catch up with people who you don't see too often.

I had one such experience yesterday night. My friend Carly (I hope I spelled your name properly) was at the BBQ with her boyfriend Dave (from the wonderband The Roamers: the hardest working band in rock and roll). We all talked about random stuff like food, school, music, etc. But here's where things became really awesome (not that the stuff before now wasn't awesome or anything). I actaully forget how it came up, but Carly started talking about Pleasant Interruption! And apparently she's a fan. This only really the second time that someone who I haven't known for more than a year (ie: a NEW friend) has told me that they read the blog. And it gets me every time. We talked about a few posts, like Hiro's iPod shuffle post and my Bloc Party one. I can't really think of a word to describe how I felt when I heard about someone reading the site and enjoying what they saw here.

Sorry to get all mushy on your guys and stuff, but I felt that should write about it. Thanks to everyone out there who reads the blog (especially Carly and Bradley, who I haven't even talked about to you guys before so you have no idea who he is).

To get back to absurdity, here's a picture of me from St. Patrick's Day.


Pic hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

  • Nana, you are welcome.
    You know I wasn't kidding around and really am a fan for two reasons.
    A)You know I come often because I noticed this post
    B)I was really was too proud that I was mentioned. Like, beyond the "oh that's nice" to the can't get smile off my face for the whole day so people this im challened level.
    Keep it up!
    Carly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/24/2005 11:54:00 PM  

  • When Nana told me that we actually had people willingly reading this blog without my prodding, I waited a few minutes for the punchline and then realized it was a statement and not a joke.

    Also, it took me approximately 3 minutes and 24 seconds to figure out what you meant by "so people this im challened level."

    And then I began wondering whether or not it was a typo, or you actually are challenged and thus what people may think of you may have some merit.

    Kidding!

    I mean, even if it is true, people shouldn't judge you...right? right?

    By Blogger Hiro, at 4/26/2005 07:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home