Pleasant Interruption

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Hiro Week One in the 'Loo
At 10:58 PM
by: Hiro

Whew, it's been a week now since I've moved back to Waterloo (and since I last made a post!) and it's been one BUSY week. I think I've spent like 5 hours on my computer over the entire week. So now it's a nice quiet Sunday afternoon and I finally have time to sit back, take a breath and write a post.

Sunday was a loooong day, having moved out of Ottawa, stopped by in Belleville to drop stuff off, pick up summer things, then continue on to Waterloo. Not to mention being slightly hung over from the night before. Speaking of which, Saturday night was a blast. Got together with my roommates(Kat, Amanda, Justin, as well as Adrian and Steph the honourary roommates) and my friends still in Ottawa(Tony, Nana, Uzo) at headquarters(Brooks res). We made 4 delicious pizzas, and we finally had the bread dipping party that Nana and I had been planning on doing for over a year and a half since the days when we worked at Freeman's Winemaking(which is where we got the bread dipping herbs). It was a solid night of food, wine, beer, and playing guitar and singing. I wish we could have done that every weekend, but alas it was not meant to be but I am happy we got to do it at least once before I left.

We ended up going to Lower Deck in the Market but we didn't leave til pretty late so we didn't stay very long at all. The rest of the night can be described with the following picture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These are the kinds of interesting pictures I find on my camera the next day after a night of much drinking. I love digital cameras.

Fats forwarding back to Sunday, that night we celebrated the reunion of The House (Myself, Mariano, Mike, Tony and Dave) in Waterloo with a BBQ. What a great way to kick things off.

Moving on to Monday. The only real way to get the ball rolling with the new term would be to have a party resulting in a ridiculously messy night. The house was in full force that night with 5/5 drinking and going out to the bar. We also had about 15 other people come to our house to party and most came to the bar as well. Last year, while totally wasted we made Dave(aka Daveed) dance to Trick Daddy's big hit Let's Go. Since then Dave has been known as Trick Daddy. Trick Daddy is like a hidden alter-ego that is buried deep within Daveed's modest outer shell and can only be coaxed out to the surface after a relentless barrage of alcohol. Trick Daddy is also a dancing machine, a mac daddy and overall the life of the party. As such, I use every opportunity available to me to summon Trick Daddy. I was indeed successful that night.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All in all it was a solid night of drinking ending with a new nickname for Daveed: The Ambassador of Southeast Asia.

Wednesday morning we finally got the internet. It was also the first Bomber night. The Bombshelter pub is 1 of 2 bars on campus and is the place to be on Wednesdays. We didn't end up going until 9 pm and the line was ridiculously long. I know! 9 pm! Ridiculous! We waited an hour and a half and barely moved closer to the entrance. Luckily though, while we were waiting in line we were treated to some magic tricks by my good friend James Goh from my comp eng class. He is sick, you just have to see him perform. Anyway we were a good 40-50 people away from the entrance and it was 1-in-1-out so we decided to leave. My roommates Mike and Daveed decided to go home and I kinda wanted to as well but I got dragged along to Phil's(another popular bar on Wed) with other friends.

All I remember was wanting Pizza so badly. So we ended up dancing there all night long and we finally left at like 2:30 am. We gravitated toward the Pizza Pizza across the street. They were closing soon. They had like 2 pizzas left. The 1 whole pizza was tiny! It was literally a medium being sold slice-by-slice. So we're about to leave and Choo Chon1(another buddy from comp eng) comes to me sayin he managed to get the whole pizza for 5 bucks! So I went back to the cashier and asked how much for the rest of the other slices. 4 bucks for half a pizza and then another massive slice. Deal. Best pizza EVER.

Thursday morning was glorious. A couple of days earlier we had gone to Office Depot and purchased a whiteboard. Not just any whiteboard. The largest whiteboard they had available. 4'x6' of glory. It came to 135 bucks after a student discount. We tried to fit it into Mike's Jeep but it wouldn't fit. We had to end up getting it delivered(for free!). Today it arrived. Tony employed his carpentry skills and mounted it on the wall. It now occupies an entire wall of our living room.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday was B.O.T. It stands for Beginning Of Term. It's an engineering thing. There's a Beginning, Middle and End every term of the year. It is just a party at POETS, the engineering bar on campus and chance to meet everyone. However before every O.T. there's an unofficial kegger called a Batch Party at a townhouse(known as Unit 36) nearby. They serve batch(which is ice tea and vodka) and beer. It is always an extremely messy affair and loads of fun. The night consisted of getting totally wasted at Batch then going to a bar.

Saturday morning I had to get up at 8 am so I could catch a 9 am train to Oshawa, where my dad picked me up and we drove to Mississauga to put on a karate seminar. This took up my day and the afternoon. I was back in Waterloo by 8 pm and by 10 pm we were at another kegger.

Finally today(Sunday) I got to just relax all day. The weather was just gorgeous. Had lunch out on the patio of Frontrow, sat outside on a picnic table all day at home, played catch with the roommates, had dinner outside, and finally got to unwind.

This was an insane week but it's only the beginning. Half the things I'll be involved in haven't even started yet. I think I'm off to a decent start though, given that I went to EVERY class this week. We'll see how long I can keep this up.

Til next time...enjoy your summer everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home