Pleasant Interruption

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Nana Nana's Canada Day
At 11:38 AM
by: Nana

I'm going to post in disjointed point-form sentences,and probably switch back to normal well formed sentences near the end. I just thought I'd fill you in.

- Got back to Ottawa on June 30th around 9:45 pm. Hitched a ride from Tony's brother, Patrick. When we got back we discovered two strange things: our only phone (a cordless) couldn't hold a charge, and the internet wasn't working. We were cut off from the world.

- At around 11:30 pm I fixed the internet problem, but the phone still wouldn't work (the battery is still weak even as I type this). I suspect that the battery is dying or something. This is supported by the fact that I bought the display model of my phone instead of a new one.

- The next day Tony and I went out for some McDonald's breakfast. I had Burger King for lunch. I almost had a triple threat, but I didn't go out for Wendy's for supper (or dinner, depending on where you're from). Instead, I went to this Mexican restaurant in The Market (a section of downtown Ottawa) called Ahora. I went there with my friend Uzo, his girlfriend Monica, and Steph. We all went to see the fireworks at Parliament Hill afterwards. It was a spectacular show, with fireworks shaped like hearts and happy faces and stuff.

- I was supposed to meet some friends after the fireworks, but I never got around to it. Instead we walked back to campus to see Monica off at the bus station. On the way I saw some high school friends (Mike Henry, Brad Delaney, etc).

- After dropping Monica off, Steph, Uzo, and I hung out at her place for a bit, talking and eating peanuts. We left to go to this party that didn't exist. After finding that out, I went home and caught a message on my answering machine, which revealed that the guys were all at a different house. I parted ways with Steph and Uzo, and went over to Carly's place.

- WHen I arrived (it was 1:30 in the morning or something) everyone was already done drinking. I chugged down a beer and we went to get soem pizza. After grabbing some slices we walked back to Carly's. her roommates just got back from their night out. I helped one of them by giving her her clothes which were behind some cushions on the couch. They included, but were not limited to: a bikini bottom, and some undergarments. I was trying to be helpful, but I kept picking up her underwear and stuff.

- The night winded down after this. I got a drive home from the one and only Phillip Vicente (amazing driving skills by the way!) and settled in for a good night's sleep.

So there you have it, the raw feed of sensory information as I rememeber it. Happy Canada Day to everyone, and I hope you all had good nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home