Pleasant Interruption

Monday, March 07, 2005

Nana Writer's Block
At 1:10 PM
by: Nana

I have writer's block. I've had it for awhile, and it's starting to get to me. So today, dear readers, you get to take a look at my creative process!

By nature, I am a very talkative person. If I can weasel my way into your comfort zone (thereby destroying my OWN comfort zone), I will talk at any lengths about any topic. However, this had not been translating to the blog very well as of late. I have had many false starts over the few days, and I'd like to talk about them to you today.

Basically, when I write a post I try and tax the far reaches of my vocabulary, dredging up words and phrases that will make me out to be pompous and haughty. I try and use this as a foil for the silly things I write about.


An assumption will now be made that most of the people who read this blog are of the legal drinking age. Another assumption will be made that of those of you who are the legal drinking age, most of you have been to a club, disco, dance hall, or whatever you want to call it. Taking these assumptions into account, I can write this post without alienating too many people. It's fun to be coldly considerate!

I am now going to talk to you about the types of people who you can find in the club. 50 Cent will not be one of them. I do not usually have fun going to these things, so I have alot of time to look around and laugh at people, all the while becoming more jaded and callow in my attitude towards life. I am going to jump straight into the meat of this post, so get ready.


I'm not quite sure what I was thinking about here. I guess I thought that it would be funny to do another category post. Thing is, I would need to do field research for this sort of subject-and I'm not a big fan of clubs. As stated in a previous post, I'm a pub kind of guy. I much rather drinking until I fall asleep or pick fights with older gentlemen at eating establishments. I think I'll shelve this idea for awhile, and possibly come back to it later.

Here's an ode to my favourite board game (sorry Risk).


Jenga is like a religion. The Tao of the Jeng tells us that when our tower (that's life, folks!) falls down, we must rebuild it and start over again, building up into the sky.


Aside from sounding like a raving lunatic, this post has some premise for hilarity. Too bad those lines up there were all I could come up with within a 2 hour period.

The text below is a really rough draft of a post that I came up with the day after I came back to Ottawa. I was writing really fast, and I just drafted what I wrote below. I haven't touched it since.


next post is going to be about how people say useless things to people and do not expect an answer fitting whatever they said to the person. an ackward sentence, but let me gtive an example:

hey, what's up? (reply: nothing) good. (you?) nothing.

I will talk about how it doesn't matter what the person says, so long as they respond. I will also make efforts to respond to what people say with actual information, and record the results.


I think I like this idea though. I'll be talking about it sometime in the upcoming weeks, but it's going to take awhile to get something cohesive together.

Well, I guess that's all for my interruption. Have a pleasant day everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home